Thursday, August 2, 2012

Why I like blogs


So a good friend of mine started a blog recently and it led me to question why I like having a blog and why I like reading them .

Basically for me I only became interested in blogs when I was considering a surgical procedure last year. I found myself curious about what people really went through and a bit sceptical about the stories you would read on surgeons websites. I was lucky enough to stumble across a wonderful blog about a girls journey leading up to and after the same surgery and it was so useful to me. It helped me better prepare for meetings with my doctor about the procedure and formulate what questions I should be asking.

I then found blogs useful again as I transitioned in to the role of a ‘step mum’. Coupled with counselling for me and my partner at the time I found it useful to connect with other people in the same situation as me for advice and ideas on how to approach living with children that aren’t biologically yours. Being behind a computer reading things and asking questions is a safe way to address what are sometimes very sensitive and politically incorrect issues/concerns.

For me, blogs are a forum that I can use to share my thoughts, without judgement and simply just be me, which I find both refreshing and empowering.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nomy, I appreciate your constant support and look forward to reading more about your story x

    ReplyDelete