Friday, August 24, 2012

Things not so good

I know  when I’m struggling with my depression because I start eating orange cream biscuits and doing jigsaw puzzles. Might be a strange combination but it works! When I was going onto medication for the second time I was feeling quite nauseous and could stomach any food I had in the house. So I took myself to the shops and grabbed a few random items one of which being orange creams. Not sure what it is about them but they were the one thing that didn’t make me want to throw up. It’s very rare I eat them now as things are generally under control (which is good cause they aren’t the healthiest thing!).

As for the puzzles, they allow my brain to focus on one piece of the puzzle at a time. I don’t get overwhelmed by the complexity of a puzzle or how challenging it will be rather I focus on one piece at a time. I can honestly say it is the only time that my brain is pretty much silent and that is so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment