Thursday, March 3, 2011

Things are tough

Well it's been a difficult week this week, sometimes I struggle moving between life as a couple and life with 2 children. I feel like I'm running a million miles an hour trying to play catch up when my partner has 4 years head start on me. Now I can hear people going "you knew what you were getting in to" but now isn't the time for that, what I need now is support from my friends and family. Having children in your life whether they are your biologically or not is always going to be a challenge and I don't think until you've walked in my shoes you can comment.

A recent addition to my extended family this week made me reflect on the mean on family and new beginnings. That whole concept really summarises my week so far!! It's amazing how nothing else matters when you are holding a newborn baby in your arms. All I can hope for is the best for all the little new additions close to me this week. As for the two amazing girls I live with, all I can do is be there and be me. I keep being reminded by other wise step mum to let the children come to me, don't push, just be me and they will work out the truth in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment