Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hello again....

Well let's try this again. Life has been crazy recently and instead of keeping the challenges and highlights to myself I'm going to share them. This is in the hope that one day someone may benefit from me sharing my story. I was first diagnosed with depression over 5 years ago and while I'm quite open about it, there is still a definite stigma attached to it. Part of coping for me is to talk about how things are for me and to be able to verbalize what I need to help me cope. I've become better at acknowledging that I need space, take a moment to breathe when I need it and having people around me when I'm feeling flat. I'm also very lucky that I have wonderful friends that so supportive. So this blog started as a record of life as a 'stepmum', then singledom and now the focus has shifted again to be just about me and how I cope with life....trying to be positive and smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment