Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We don't negotiate!

Its been a fun few days in our house...Miss 1 is in a big bed and as we have bunks miss 5 is now on the top bunk! Surprisingly Miss 1 has adapted quite well to the new bed while Miss 5 has morphed into a bit of a monster! I can laugh about it now that the house is silent and everyone except me is asleep but it's been challenging for two reasons.

1. Working out punishment, discipline between myself and my partner. We are a good team and are generally on the same page in this respect. Although I am a bit stricter with the kids whereas a cute smile can melt his heart and at times he can soften a bit.

2. The noise!! Tantrums, squealing, yelling etc I don't think I'll get used to it but I think I'm learning to block it out!

And I've just thought of a third...comparisons. Like 'I don't do that at mummy's house' and at mummy's house I can do this' its hard to know what's truth and what's not at times.

I think if we persist she will learn the boundaries at our house. In the mean time she can tell me she hates me as much as she wants ...I love her and I know best cause I'm the adult!!

No comments:

Post a Comment