Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not #1

I have a question for all the step mums out there and those women dating men with children from a previous relationship...how do you get used to/accept that you aren't number one in your partners life? It was more difficult at the beginning cause in a new relationship you want to feel like the only person in each others world.I have accepted my role but the last few days I've felt like chucking a tanti to be noticed!! Sounds so childish I know but it's easy to get wrapped up in the moment when we crave affection and attention.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, I can only agree with that... you are never number one and it is very hard sometimes to accept that. my hubby always says that he likes "his girls" the same, so that's handy for him :). It will get easier over time but I agree, there are not enough books out there or support mechanisms in place for step mothers who have to carry a heavy load when they get together with a seperated parent.

    ReplyDelete