Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

My view on Valentine's day was always that it was a bit over the top and a bit of a commercial holiday. But for some people it's a reminder that they need to make time for each other. I've been lucky enough to get flowers on Valentine's day before but I much prefer those little surprises throughout the year which remind you that you are loved and appreciated. I also appreciated the fact that there was a birthday at work which was a nice distraction.

I'm slowly making my way through the 95 questions to Happiness and I'm finding it really helpful.

What are you known for by your friends and family?
over thinking and crying
What’s something most people don’t know about you? I had surgery last year
What’s a common misconception people have about you? that I'm a very confident person (I'm lucky I can pull that off at work!)
What’s something a lot of people do that you disagree with? not learning from mistakes
What’s a belief you hold with which many people disagree? can't think of anything right now
What’s something that’s harder for you than it is for most people? sleeping
What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend? loyalty, kindness, sincerity
If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend? not sure
When you think of ‘home,’ what, specifically, do you think of? my bed
What’s the most valuable thing you own? my house
If you had to move 3000 miles away, what would you miss most? my girlfriends
What would make you smile right now? A phone call from a little friend
What do you do when nothing else seems to make you happy? a jigsaw puzzle
What do you wish did not exist in your life? depression
What should you avoid to improve your life? stressful situations that I can't control
What is something you would hate to go without for a day? my phone
What’s the biggest lie you once believed was true? good things come to those who wait
What’s something bad that happened to you that made you stronger? my parents separation
What’s something nobody could ever steal from you? my sense of hope
What’s something you disliked when you were younger that you truly enjoy today? avocado

1 comment:

  1. Your friends best know as someone who is caring, loving, kind, creative, fun and a real friend who you can rely on.

    ReplyDelete